So what are some ideas – that I’ve tried and can guarantee work – that might start you on your way of ‘cultivating courage’?
Here are a few that I’ve chosen in my first week …
- Leaving clothes unfolded in my pack sack when I knew they’d be going straight into laundry when I got home from my camping trip. (I’m typically a very neat person.)
- Repeating the same the next day – this time with the bed linen I was putting away in a bin for the day.
- Taking a different route on my run – that is, ‘shaking things up’ in my habitual ‘safe’ routines.
- Calling six people I’ve never met, all of whom are respected in their fields, to invite them to become my clients.
- Following up with someone I’d felt ‘rejected’ by, and initiating a next conversation.
- Making love in a way that pulled out numerous of my fear stops.
- Staying in my heart for twenty-four hours.
- Initiating contact with a new publisher for my forthcoming book – and doing so without attachment or expectation, to the best of my ability.
- Presenting a proposal to a client, for a large contract, and being direct about my proposed value and thus price.
- Writing these posts, and disclosing my current ‘personal, private experiment’ – that is, a risk of failing in public eyes.
Whahoo! It gets easier every time! And by the way … what exactly is ‘failure’, anyway? It is the Ego’s idea of loss of sense of self.
Read more in “Cultivating Courage” and “Cultivating Courage – The Practice – Part 1 and 3”.
Want more now? Purchase or Download these now:
- Awakening Instinct * Running the Gauntlet * Windows Through Time (A Trilogy)
- H.O.P.E. = Healing Ourselves and Planet Earth – A Blueprint for Personal and Collective Change
- Birds’ Eye View – A Travel Guide to the Universe
Explore the benefits of a 1-1 private Coaching conversation!
* Images with gratitude to freeprintable – uploads.j-assets.com, ehow.com, goddess-light.blogspot.com